Can I go to Jail for not Paying my Child Support?

You may think that debtor’s prison is a thing of the past but it is still in effect especially if you get behind on your child support. 


You can be held in contempt of court for not paying your child support, which can carry jail time.  You can also be charged with a felony for not paying child support, which can carry up to a year in prison along with all the limitations that our society puts on felons.  Please call our offices today if you have been charged with a child support related crime. 

Categories: Child Support
comments powered by Disqus